Monday, March 7, 2011

An inspired simple series

At last week's craft night with the girls I was pretty tired, so I focused on a clean and simple design. This series was inspired by Alli Miles' Simple Birthday Wishes from page 54 of Paper Crafts 2010 special issue Card Style.

I started with Basic Grey ink with my Local King Rubber Stamp background, but decided it was too dark.  I think it worked OK with the Believe stamp (from Micheals, I think), the Amuse leave stamp (I can't remember the name) and the black background.
I liked these two better, thanks to some borrowed SU River Rock ink but kept going.  I decided I preferred the leaves in Old Olive better, especially in combination with River Rock.

I was finally struck with some inspiration - the musical background from Local King in combination with my Amuse 'Just a Note' sentiment.

Cheers,
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment